    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8 8:23 PM
      Comments

      Parent Article: Does Kare 11 (NBC) care about global warming?

      Re: Does Kare 11 (NBC) care about global warming?

      by Not offensive npat1 (at) juno.com

      Lately, there seems to be fewer posts on topics other than climate
      change at indymedia. Are people staying away because they don't like
      seeing my posts on global warming?

      I'm aware that people with "Minnesota Nice" don't talk about global
      warming. I learned that the hard way. People at TCmetro listserve and
      other public listserves have told me that my messages on global
      warming are offensive. The moderator on mn-politics-national has
      permanently banned me from participating, for no good reason at all.

      ------------------------

      Does Kare 11 (NBC) care about global warming?
      by Pat N self-only : Pat Neuman
      Email: npat1 (at) juno.com (verified) 05 Feb 2005
      Modified: 08:50:02 PM

      New record warm (daily highs and lows) have been set at climate
      stations in Minnesota over the last three days.
      Kare 11 (NBC) news is playing up going back to "normals" next week.
      The "normals" are defined by NOAA NWS as the average temperatures over
      the last 30 years (1971-2000), updated ever 10 years. The "normals"
      have been increasing in the Midwest, and elsewhere.

      Exceeding record daily warm temperatures for three days in a row is
      not normal. Kare 11 and the other TV, and radio, stations need to tell
      it like it is. Honest communications are needed now. Not saying that
      regional climate change is already happening is misleading the public
      on global warming. The public is uninformed. Regional climate change
      and global warming are happening, there is no doubt on that.

      The Twin Cities professionals in weather and climate, and those
      reporting the news to the public, rarely talk about regional climate
      change and global warming. Are the professionals just following orders
      from their managers? Who's giving the orders on climate change?

      Also, please see my article at nyc.indymedia titled: "Just following
      orders on global warming"
      http://publish.nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/rate/140843/index.php#140843

      See also: