Aviation: we must try to stop the destruction of our home

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004
      Aviation IS the worst polluter of all transportation.
      Aviation IS the most wasteful user of fuel.
      Aviation IS the highest percentage fossil fuel burner.

      A new study is needed on pollution, fuel use and greenhouse gas
      emissions. The statistics must not be manipulated to show something
      better than reality. Much air travel is unnecessary and very costly.
      The health costs to people living near airports is especially high. There
      are many hidden and tickle down costs. Much fuel burning is not
      accounted for in air travel and air cargo.

      Another 1st worst for aviation is it's contribution to world terrorism.
      We have a goal to eliminate all nuclear weapons. Aviation is exploding,
      out of control & heading for a crash. The fuel will soon become much
      more costly as world fuel supplies peak and fall. We need a goal to
      eliminate aviation for all but critical needs.

      Is U.S. government administrator Mineta accounting for the hidden costs
      and terrorist threats as he encourages heavy federal subsidies for more
      aviation? We are responsible for this threat to everything that lives.
      We need to try to stop the destruction of our home.

      Pat N.