Vinod Khoshla: Lithium Overhyped

  • tomiro
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2009
      CleanTech investor Vinod Khoshla says that lithium battery technology is overhyped and could eventually be replaced. For the time being though, he believes it is a technology that is worth investing.

      http://rssnews.renewable-energy-sources.com/2009/07/vinod-khosla-on-why-lithium-ion-batteries-are-overhyped/

      Asides from more exotic systems like flywheels or compressed air, I'm wondering what other technologies could fit into the battery category?
    • Mohammed Alkhamis
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17, 2009
        Hello,

        This is fitting as a battery that can store energy in huge quantities

        This link is for a prototype to proof the concept:

        This is an animation with calculations along to explain the principle:

        Best Regards,

        Alkhamis