The Moon - A Passive Luminary Or Culprit?

  • james
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2010
      Greetings all,

      This discussion is going to examine some of the laws that interact between the earth and the moon that make the relationship what it is. The objective is to demonstrate that what may look to be passive - may also be perilous. But this is not going un-observed as the U of Texas is monitoring progress in association with NASA in a program titled Laser Lunar Ranging using reflectors on the moon placed by the Apollo 11, 14, and 15 astronauts.

      The moon's orbit is governed by a number of laws: 1.) Kepler's laws of planetary motion, 2.) Newton's 1st Law (a body in motion will follow a straight line unless acted upon by an external force) and 3.) earth's gravity that puts the moon in free-fall.

      Interacting with these circumstances is, 4.) the law of conservation of angular momentum - it is this law that causes us some concern (see note 1.). A fifth law, 5.) sees earthquake changing earth's rotation and initiating exchanges of angular momentum that causes the moon to accelerate and broaden its orbit (see note 2).

      Currently the moon's orbit is skewed relative to the ecliptic by some five degrees. This means that the last (unknown) numbers of exchanges of angular momentum were not complete.

      CONCLUSION:

      When next there is an earthquake of sufficient magnitude to initiate an exchange of angular momentum - that is also of such magnitude to accelerate the moon such that it straightens out its orbit - and is also of such magnitude that the moon over shoots the limits of the exchange - there could be dire consequences

      This is not conjecture - it is the law

      NOTES

      1.) The law of conservation of angular momentum is demonstrated by skaters who use their arms and body to alter spin rate.

      2.) ref., Dr. Benjamin Fong Chao (NASA Goddard Space Flight Center) and Dr. Richard Gross (NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.,) and S. K. Runcorn, "Corals as Paleontological Clocks", Scientific American, Vol. 215, No. 4, Pg. 26-33. October 1966. (offprint 871), Pg. 583
      /

    • William Carr
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2010
        James Bowles:

        "When next there is an earthquake of sufficient magnitude to initiate an exchange of angular momentum - that is also of such magnitude to accelerate the moon such that it straightens out its orbit - and is also of such magnitude that the moon over shoots the limits of the exchange - there could be dire consequences"

        Some further research regarding this:

        Reference -- "http://www.physforum.com/index.php?showtopic=27268"

        Quote: "Moderator: N.B. This user has been suspended 20 days for repeated lying, which is clearly inappropriate, which is 5 days for every thread created."

        Please, Buzz OFF. This list is not about Fringe Science.
      • Rollin Shultz
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2010
          In history back in the 8th century BC there already was a quite large change in the Earth orbit and the moon was not affected all tha much except that before that time period the moon time periods were every 30 days instead of the current cycle of 28. Up till that time years were 360 days not 365 days so a large astronomical event must have coincided with the change unless it was a slow imperceptible change over centuries. History indicates a sudden change because up until that time all calendars regardless of national lineage used a 360 day year to  calculate all planting seasons etc. It has been posited that indeed Mars did pass close to the Earth every 800+ years and it did so during this time of calendar change as well. The closeness of the two planets during the pass by of Mars has lent to the theory that there was an energy exchange of the two planets orbits due to gravitic disturbances. If there was an exchange and Earth gained energy while Mars lost energy it couldbe indicative of how we could gain 5 days per year from a slightly increased orbital distance and it would be expected Mars would have lost energy in the exchange and would thereby have shortened its orbit. Since the near pass bys have little effect in our time it is likely the orbits have stabilised via the exchange and no longer pass as close. Unless we totally discount history and assume people of that time were totally ignorant we must realise something huge (astronomical even) did happen.

          So why do I bring it up. THe world and the universe is bigger thaan we think and our knowledge really does only scratch the surface of the knowable. We worry about a little global warming when we have survived orbital changes and tilts and humanity has not perished. Let's get off the assumptions about what is or might be happening and let's knuckle down to living the clean tech lifestyle and a life of proper STEWARDSHIP of the Earth God gave us and maintains for us. (Let's do Him proud to put a 60s flavor to it).

          I have asked before for people here to pledge what they will do this year to live the clean tech life and what clean tech they will incorporate into their lifestyles in 2010, but I see almost no one taking the pledge. This leads me to thinking most people are just talkers not walkers.

          How about is we forget about what has changed with the climate for the last 100 years and concentrate on how each of us will contribute to the climate over the next 100. Do we really need to concern ourselves with pollution in India and China? The answer is no, because we cause the pollution in India and China not them. If we want to impact their pollution index it is as simple as not buying their $*#!.

          So cmon Jeff and William step up and pledge already let me see if you are walkers or talkers.

          Rollin Shultz
          Mechanical designer
          Change Analyst
          Programmer
          Furniture Maker
          Carpenter
          Electrician
          Plumber
          Allentown, Pa 18104

          Motto: Ask for help when needed, help others when asked, and remember where you came from.

          Happy moments, PRAISE GOD, Difficult moments, SEEK GOD, Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD, Painful moments, TRUST GOD, Every moment, THANK GOD

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2010

            William Carr says) This list is not about Fringe Science.

            james) You will find every statement supported by every physics book in the country. That you don’t understand it - does not change the truth of it.

            Here is a link to NASA’s Gravitational and Relativistic Physics - it discusses Laser Lunar Ranging

            http://funphysics.jpl.nasa.gov/technical/grp/lunar-laser.html