Plans for Clean-up Day in May

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2008
      Everyone,

      We are gearing up for our Clean-up Day at the cemetery on Saturday,
      May 10. We will be working from 10 AM to 4 PM (although I will
      probably be at the site before sun-up). A Port-a-Potty will be on
      hand, and we will provide drinks and snacks. Dinner will follow at
      the Cracker Barrel.

      Our main objective will be to take up as many of the roofing shingles
      as we can. If we have enough folks, we will also police for litter
      and debris, such as downed limbs. We need to get an idea of how many
      hale, able-bodied folk will be on hand for the labor part, so please
      let us know.

      Also, we need vounteers to get and bring refreshments and monitor the
      refreshment table. As well, we will have our literature and research
      out on a table, so we'll need volunteers to greet folks who stop by
      to chat and find out what we're doing - we get some good contacts
      this way. So even if you can just sit in a chair, please plan to
      come and give us moral support - and no one has to stay the entire
      day. Note that we will have permit to bring vehicles on the River
      Walk to ferry in and out equipment and refuse - and for those who
      can't walk all the way to the cemetery, we can drive you in and out
      as well.

      We do need to get a count of how many of you will be coming and if
      you're bringing reinforcements with you, so that we can more
      accurately plan our activities and know how much we need to bring in
      the way of tools and equipment, as well as refreshments. If anyone
      can suggest where we might solicit volunteers interested in helping,
      please post it.

      Thanks to you all - I'm looing forward to seeing everyone.