Upcoming planning meeting

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2008
      Everyone,

      We will be meeting in Columbus on Sunday, February 17. We will meet
      at the Columbus Public Library at 2 pm. This will be an informal
      meeting to discuss the status of the project, strategies to move
      forward, and to plan our meeting and activity for the spring - we
      will probably have a Clean-Up Day at the cemetery in April or May.

      All are invited to attend. After the meeting, those who are
      interested will visit the cemetery site, then we'll head to Cracker
      Barrel on Bradley Park Drive for dinner.

      I will be in the Columbus area for about a week, doing research.
      We have several books in the works that we intend to publish, with
      the proceeds to benefit the Clapp's Factory rescue fund. In addition
      to the substitute 1890 Muscogee Co. census, we are compiling some
      cemetery books and transcribing funeral home records to be published,
      and in turn will be generating one or more volumes about the Clapp's
      Factory mill operations, village, and cemetery. We are also
      discussing a book on the Columbus area mill industry in general.

      If anyone is interested in volunteering in some capacity with these
      projects, please contact me at retrofit@ flash.net - thanks!

      John in TX
    • Ggbryan821@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2008
        Hello, John!? It's been quite awhile since I've been in touch with you.? A "lot of water has gone over the dam" since then.? I have had health problems and am now living with my son in Martinez, a suburb of Augusta, Georgia.? Please make a note that my new address is:? Gwen Grant Bryan, 4527 Shawnee Drive, Martinez, Georgia 30907 and my new telephone number is 706-650-9156.? My e-mail address will remain the same:? ggbryan821@....

        I'm not sure what you will be putting in the books that you are printing, but I hope that you will be printing one that you might use the story of my MARY CATHERINE SKIPPER who is?buried there and, actually, it was her story that Kemis saw that started this whole project, thankfully!!? Also, the story of the Church that I found when I visited the Emory Library in Atlanta would make for interesting reading.

        Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help in this project.? I'm not sure if I will be able to attend the meeting but will certainly try.

        By the way, I have some wonderful pictures of you when you spoke at that first meeting in Columbus!
        My thanks to you and Kemis for all that you are doing.
        Gwen
        PS? Have we thought any more about putting a monument on site with all of the known who are buried there?

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2008
          When you need me for book design, just say the word. Paul Diffley