GA cemetery preservation conference in NOV

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2007
      Everyone,

      The Georgia Historic Preservation Division will be conducting a
      state-wide conference about cemetery preservation in Augusta on Nov.
      1 and 2 (Thursday and Friday). There will be speakers and workshops
      from about noon on Thursday until about noon on Friday. There will
      probably be tours of historic cemeteries in Augusta on Friday
      afternoon for those interested.

      I am planning to attend. Then I will drive to Columbus and we can
      hold a CFCPL membership meeting on Saturday Nov. 3 or Sunday Nov. 4.
      Is anyone else in the group interested and available to attend the
      conference? For the conference, there will be a registration fee
      that Christine Neal (Archaeology Program Director) says should be
      fairly low. As soon as details are finalized, information about the
      conference will be posted on the the Georgia Historic Preservation
      Division webpage, linked at:

      http://www.gashpo.org/

      I am planning to come to Columbus before then, possibly on Labor Day
      weekend - or if not, then mid-to-late August. We won't be having a
      formal group meeting at that time, but I would like to get together
      with anyone who would like to meet and visit. We'll be going out to
      the cemetery site to check conditions and police for litter.

      I would like to hear from anyone who thinks they may be able to
      attend the conference or would like to meet in Columbus when I am
      there in AUG/SEP and/or in NOV.

      Thanks!

      John