Fw: Cemetery Clean Up

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 1942
      I hope you get flyer below. Please forward this to everyone you know that lives in the Columbus area. If you know some place that you can post it, Please, Please do. If you would like a flyer emailed to you, send to me at sobbygenealogy@.... We need all the help that we can get. This is a big undertaking for the group.

      Clapp's Factory Cemetery Preservation League, Inc.
      CLEAN-UP DAY

      OCTOBER 7TH 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

      ALL VOLUNTEERS WELCOME

      The Clapp's Factory Cemetery Preservation League will be holding a Clean-Up Day at the cemetery on Saturday, October 7. Members of the group will be at the site all day (8 am to 6 pm) to coordinate volunteers from the community in picking up litter, removing dumped materials such as old roofing shingles and appliances, and clearing away dead trees and thick vines. If you can come for part of the day, please do so - and bring a friend! Volunteers are encouraged to bring insect repellent and a pair of work gloves. Also, if you can bring lawn equipment, such as snips, shears, shovels, handsaws, wheelbarrows, etc., these will come in handy.

      The cemetery is located in Columbus, on the RiverWalk, just south of where it ends at Lake Oliver Road (near Oliver Dam). Signs will be posted directing the way from the intersection of River Road and Lake Oliver Road, and parking will be at the entrance to the RiverWalk. Water and refreshments will be provided, and a Port-a-Potty will be available on-site. The CFCPL is a nonprofit, all-volunteer group dedicated to rescuing this cemetery from decades of neglect and vandalism.

      Please contact Kemis Massey at

      or sobbygenealogy@...

      for more information and to let us know you're coming to help with the Clean-Up Day.

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~gamuscog/clappfac.htm

    • kemismassey
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 1942
        The picture didn't make it.