Re: [ClappCemetery] Today at the library

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8 2:07 PM
      Michael and Laura,

      There are probably plenty of folks still living in and around Columbus
      who played at the cemetery when they were growing up. A good many of
      them still live in or near Bibb City, I believe. Ann Walk, who grew up
      on Bridge Island, knows a fair number of these folks and is going to put
      us in touch with some of them. We hope to do interviews with such
      nearby residents who not only remember the cemetery in their youth, but
      also witnessed the neglect and abuse the site suffered over the years.
      We would like to document as much of that history as we are able to.

      I have contemplated conducting video-recorded interviews with folks who
      are willing. Would y'all be interested and able to help with such a
      project?

      BTW, I have not yet looked at the videos you posted at YouTube - I will
      have to do that when I'm at home tonight, but I really appreciate your
      documenting the cemetery like that and posting it where people can see it.

      John in TX

      marriedfairy2005 wrote:

      > Does anyone know if any of the kids who played in the cemetery are
      > still alive? And if yes where they are located at?
      >
      > __

    • marriedfairy2005
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8 5:35 PM
        We would love to conduct video-recorded interviews, although we only
        have the video camera on our digital camera, not a true camcorder.
        Its what took the videos from Monday. Do we know anyone that could
        get us one or how do you feel about that?

        My questions.....I hope ya'll dont get upset for me asking some many
        questions. Let me know if I talk to much....LOL

        Do you know how I can find out who was around that we can talk to
        about the cemetery, other then the peole the Ann Walk knows?

        Where was Bridge Island?

        M&L

        --- In ClappCemetery@yahoogroups.com, John Mallory Land