Today at the library

  • marriedfairy2005
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8 11:06 AM
      I went to the library today to do some research and after talking to
      the lady at the front desk she told me there was a file on Clapp. So
      while I was looking around she got the file and handed it to me.
      Looking threw it was fun and informative. I do have a few questions
      if someone could help me.

      I was reading a copy of an email from a "pgreatho01@..." called
      Clapp Village.
      They were talking about the grist mill ruins being located. Can
      anyone tell me about how to get to them, to see if they are still
      there?

      Does anyone know if any of the kids who played in the cemetery are
      still alive? And if yes where they are located at?

      Have all of the funeral records by Wilson been listed and looked threw?

      Has all of the Ledger-Enquirer newspapers been looked threw since the
      first date?

      Was Columbus or Bibb city once called Brownsville? And if yes are
      there any other names it was called that would help me with the search?

      Where has the entire list of names that you have so far come from?

      Is there someone who could meet with me at the cemetery to help make
      sure that I understand where the mill, houses, and church were located?

      And is there anything that I can be doing right now to help?

      Thanks,
      Michael and Laura
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8 2:07 PM
        Michael and Laura,

        There are probably plenty of folks still living in and around Columbus
        who played at the cemetery when they were growing up. A good many of
        them still live in or near Bibb City, I believe. Ann Walk, who grew up
        on Bridge Island, knows a fair number of these folks and is going to put
        us in touch with some of them. We hope to do interviews with such
        nearby residents who not only remember the cemetery in their youth, but
        also witnessed the neglect and abuse the site suffered over the years.
        We would like to document as much of that history as we are able to.

        I have contemplated conducting video-recorded interviews with folks who
        are willing. Would y'all be interested and able to help with such a
        project?

        BTW, I have not yet looked at the videos you posted at YouTube - I will
        have to do that when I'm at home tonight, but I really appreciate your
        documenting the cemetery like that and posting it where people can see it.

        John in TX

        marriedfairy2005 wrote:

        > Does anyone know if any of the kids who played in the cemetery are
        > still alive? And if yes where they are located at?
        >
        > __

      • marriedfairy2005
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8 5:35 PM
          We would love to conduct video-recorded interviews, although we only
          have the video camera on our digital camera, not a true camcorder.
          Its what took the videos from Monday. Do we know anyone that could
          get us one or how do you feel about that?

          My questions.....I hope ya'll dont get upset for me asking some many
          questions. Let me know if I talk to much....LOL

          Do you know how I can find out who was around that we can talk to
          about the cemetery, other then the peole the Ann Walk knows?

          Where was Bridge Island?

          M&L

          --- In ClappCemetery@yahoogroups.com, John Mallory Land