CFCPL Executive Board Meeting, Sat. Aug. 5

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2006
      Everyone,

      We will be holding our meeting of the Executive Board of CFCPL in the
      Genealogy Room of the Columbus Public Library, 3000 Macon Rd. in
      Columbus at 2:30 pm tomorrow, Satruday, August 5. All are welcome to
      attend - however, be aware that this is a business meeting, rather
      than a general membership meeting with a program. We will be
      discussing and deciding on the mundane, every-day matters of operating
      the organization, as well as the grander issues of what we see in the
      future for the group.

      The library closes at 6 pm, and we expect to be done well before that
      time. We will adjourn to the Cracker Barrel Restaurant at 1500
      Bradley Park Dr. (between the J.R. Allen Bypass and the Whitesville
      Rd.) in Columbus for dinner.

      Prior to the meeting, I will be at the Clapp's Factory Cemetery site
      from 8 am to 10 am on Saturday, then will be attending the NEWSOME
      family reunion in Phenix City.

      I will also be at the cemetery on Sunday from 8 am until lunch time
      (we'll be looking for evidence of the mill building foundations and
      other structures). We will meet for lunch about noon at Country's
      Barbecue at 6298 Veterans Parkway, just south of Whittelsey Rd., then
      will doing research for a few hours at the Columbus Public Library,
      beginning at 1:30 pm.

      If anyone can join us for any of these events, please do. I look
      forward to seeing you!