Genealogy Commandments

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2006
      I knew there was a reason we have such a hard time finding our ancestors, we didn't know about the commandments . . . enjoy.

      Genealogy Commandments

      1 Thou shalt name your male children: James, John, Joseph, Josiah,
      Abel, Richard, Thomas, Stephen, William.
      2 Thou shalt name your female children: Elizabeth, Mary, Martha,
      Sarah, Phoebe.
      3 Thou shalt leave no trace of your female children.
      4 Thou shalt, after naming your children from the above lists, call
      them by strange nicknames such as: Ike, Eli, Polly, Dolly, Sukey,
      Lizzie, thereby making them difficult to trace.
      5 Thou shalt not use any middle names on any legal documents or
      census reports and only where necessary, may you use [ONLY] initials
      on legal documents.
      6 Thou shalt learn to sign all legal documents illegibly so that your
      surname can be spelled. or misspelled, in various ways: Keech,
      Keach,Keechee, Ketch, etc.
      7 Thou shalt, after no more than three Generations, make sure that
      all family records are lost, misplaced, burned in a court house fire,
      or buried so that NO future trace of them can be found.
      8 Thou shalt propagate misleading legends, rumors, vague innuendo
      regarding your place of origination: England, Scotland, Wales or
      Netherlands. Descended from one of the three brothers that came
      9 Thou shalt leave no cemetery records or headstones with legible
      10 Thou shalt leave no family Bible with records of births, marriages
      or deaths.
      11 Thou shalt ALWAYS flip thy name around. If born "James Albert"
      thou must make all the rest of your records in the names of Albert,
      AJ, JA, AL, Bert, Bart, or Alfred.
      12 Thou shalt also flip thy parents names when making reference to
      them, although 'UNKNOWN" or a blank is an acceptable alternative.
      13 Thou shalt name at least five Generations of males, and dozens of
      their cousins, with identical names in order to totally confuse

      Please resubmit your queries once or twice per year to reach other members.

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.