Fw: "Dear Ancestor"

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2006
      From another list . . .

      DEAR ANCESTOR
      Your tombstone stands among the rest, neglected and alone
      The name and date are chiseled out of polished, marbled stone
      It reaches out to all who care, it is too late to mourn.
      You did not know that I exist, you died and I was born.
      Yet each of us are cells of you, in flesh and blood and bone,
      Our blood contracts and beats a pulse entirely not our own.
      Dear Ancestor, the place you filled one hundred years ago
      Spreads out amoung the ones you left who would have loved you so.
      I wonder if you lived and loved, I wonder if you knew
      That someday I would find this spot and come to visit you.
      --Author unknown