Re: [ClappCemetery] Heirs of Timothy Greene McCRARY - vicinity of Clapp's Fac...

  • STHRNCAUSE@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2005
      John,
      This was very interesting. There is a couple of names in here that caught
      my eye. The first name was Mrs. Murray Craig. I knew her, and what a very
      sweet and kind woman she was. Her Husband, Murray Craig, Sr., was one of my
      relatives (distantly). His grandmother was Sarah Layfield Craig. Sarah was the
      sister to my third great-grandfather Christopher Columbus Layfield. I do recall
      writing you once back in the past about a Layfield that married a Land. I
      just recently found a picture of her by the way!
      The second name was Eli Stroud. There is a Eli Stroud cemetery over in
      Alabama just outside of Phenix City. He, along with other family members are
      interred there. I figured he had come from around the Columbus area because his
      son fought in a Columbus (C/W) regiment during the war. There are a couple of
      other soldiers in there also for whom were in Columbus regiments also. I
      think they were married into his family, because several of their names are
      still prominent in the Columbus area. Just thought that you would like to know
      this information.

      Jimbo