Fw: [DUKE-L] Duke ancestry

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2005
      From my DUKE list

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Eleanor G Duke

      Hello all,

      Some of you may be familiar with electricscotland.com. I found it
      several years ago when looking for Celtic music, but never looked any
      further than that. Recently while looking around for general info, I
      looked in electricscotland and found there a section on people of
      Scottish descent, including a number of mini biographies. I looked at
      those, and lo and behold, there is James Rumsey Duke (born 1859, son of
      Robert James Duke), my father's uncle. The bio states that his father's
      ancestors were of Scottish descent. I have always assumed, lacking
      evidence, that Duke and Rumsey were both English.. Anyone know anything
      about this?

      Thanks,
      Jack Duke