more

  • Michael and Laura
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2005
      Sorry guys but we keep getting questions and ideas. Michael said
      that if you wanted, because he know some stuff about surving, we
      could go out one weekend and he could survey the land and report
      back on here about what we have found. Please let us know.

      Thanks,
      Laura and Michael
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2005
        Send me an email directly to sobbygenealogy@..., I think we need to talk directly. I'm working on taxes this evening and need to finish them. I have one other project that should be completed tomorrow evening. I can get some of my stuff together that may help answer a lot of your questions.

        We've done a lot of research and have come a long way. Georgia Power will work with us when we certain things in place. Step one was Incorporating - we are Clapp Factory Cemetery Preservation League, Inc. Step two non-profit status. Step three survey - this must be done by an archaeologist. That costs money - donations can be matched with gifts or grant money.

        Also, John Mallory Land, CFCPL President is compiling the documentation. He may can give you a better idea on what he needs next. John lives in Texas and has made numerous trips to Columbus for research, meetings, and clean-up. Each trip he manages to spend hours at the library (just ask them in the genealogy department) researching and copying. He also schedules visits with several of his family members.

        Most of us who are involved have family members there - I didn't know that I had distant relatives there until 9 months after I got involved - 2 weeks before the newspaper article. Others are simply interested in the improvement to the community and history to our county. . . whatever it takes.

        From: Michael and Laura Sorry guys but we keep getting questions and ideas. Michael said

      • skipperhe@wmconnect.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
          I'm confused about what you need; what is going on ? Skip