Re: [ClappCemetery] Digest Number 212

  • mike and laura osburn
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2005
      ClappCemetery@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      It said that we have met our quota on space

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:38:25 -0500
      From: "Kemis Massey"
      Subject: Re: photos

      What type of message did it give you when you tried to post the pictures?

      Check this site for additional information on the Clapp.

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~gamuscog/clappfac.htm

      Happy Family Hunting,
      kemis massey
      sobbygenealogy@...

      Researching:
      for hubbie: MASSEY, BROOKS, FOUNTAIN, SMITH
      for me: SONGER, CAMP, EVANS, ROSAMOND
      for preservation: CLAPP Cemetery, Community, Factory, and Families - Muscogee County
      for GAGen Web Project: any info (county, family, history, industry) on Chattahoochee, Clayton and Muscogee Counties, GA

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2005
        Okay, that means we've run out of space through Yahoo. This site has helped us tremendously with helping to get the word out to others about the cemetery, this is a temporary solution to a long term problem. From the beginning, I stressed this is going to be a massive undertaking. The biggest problem we've had lately, is that key members have all had to take time off to attend ailing spouses, parents and dear friends. All of us are working people - no trust fund babies in this group. Our next problem is logistics - very few interested parties live in the immediate area. We've need to raise money in order to complete our non-profit status. Then we can approach larger groups for donations - whether it be money or help with cleaning when the proper time comes.

        The reason money is necessary first is we need a survey done of the cemetery to determine current boundaries - no need of cleaning more than what's not graves. This should also give us a better idea of how many graves are actually left. The survey should be done in the fall - obviously we didn't have money to do it this last fall.

        If you send them directly to me sobbygenealogy@... I'll set up a file through rootsweb.

        From: mike and laura osburn