Dr. John W. CAMERON (1837-1894) - physician at Clapp's Factory?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2004
      Dr. John William CAMERON (15 APR 1837 GA-16 OCT 1894), m. ca. 1865 to
      Catherine Ann Frances SMITH (07 SEP 1844 prob. Harris Co, GA- 29 MAR
      1906), daughter of William T. & Amanda (MOORE) SMITH of Harris Co.
      John and Frances are both buried in Linwood Cemetery. In 1880, this
      couple and five children (Anna 13, Amanda 11, Hattie 9, Emma 5, and
      Stanford 2) appear on p. 508A in the Clapp's Factory community,
      Nances
      District, Muscogee Co, GA. I am wondering if Dr. CAMERON was the
      physician specifically for this community? Frances' sister Ada
      SMITH
      m. 1875 in Harris Co, GA, to John May DIFFLEY, whose widowed mother
      Louisa Jane (WADE) DIFFLEY appears with several of her children on p.
      510B at Clapp's Factory in 1880.

      I am hoping to learn more about Dr. CAMERON's practice, especially
      during the time he was residing at Clapp's Factory.

      Also, I haven't been able to locate Ada (SMITH) DIFFLEY and her
      husband on the 1880 census. Her mother Amanda died in 1871, but her
      father William lived until 1903 - I have not located him in 1880
      either. I have found all of Ada's surviving siblings that year -
      several unmarried sisters are living with an aunt in Columbus, and
      another unmarried sister is in the household of their sister Frances
      (SMITH) CAMERON and her husband John, but Ada's whereabouts remain a
      mystery.

      John