Another Clapp's Factory Cemetery burial!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2004
      Greetings, All;

      We have a name to add to the Clapp's Factory Cemetery burial list.
      After I found an 1899 obituary for Callie Emory JEFFRIES (buried at
      CF) while searching for another record in the Columbus newspaper on my
      previous visit, I posted some queries about this family. I was
      contacted by a relative, Anne BROWN. She has a Bible record showing
      that Callie's father William Robert JEFFRIES died on 03 DEC 1899, so
      we speculated that he was probably also buried at CF. Anne just
      returned home from a research trip in Columbus, where she learned from
      W. R.'s obituary that he is indeed buried at CF. So perhaps there are
      other members of this family who were buried at CF earlier.

      I am looking forward to seeing everyone who can attend the CFCPL
      meeting to discuss the proposed Master Plan on Aug. 7. We also
      continue to welcome input from anyone who is unable to be present. We
      recently learned that a plaque pertaining to Clapp's Factory has been
      erected in Heritage Park (at 7th St. and Broadway) in Columbus and
      will be dedicated in a ceremony on Tuesday Aug. 10 at 10 am. Kemis
      and I will be present and would love anyone who can to come and join
      us. Kemis has taken photographs of the plaque and its setting at the
      park, which she will probably post as she has time.

      Thanks to everyone for your continued support!