Fw: [GAMUSCOGEE] Almerta CAST (d/o W. L. CAST), b. & d. JUN 1889 Lee Co, AL

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2004
      See what John found. . .

      kemis

      From: retrofit@...
      To: GAMUSCOG-L@...
      Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2004 10:59 AM
      Subject: [GAMUSCOGEE] Almerta CAST (d/o W. L. CAST), b. & d. JUN 1889 Lee Co, AL

      Surnames: CAST
      Classification: Death

      Message Board URL:

      http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/Xd.2ADE/1450

      Message Board Post:

      "Death of an Infant: Little Almerta, the five days' old daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W. L. CAST, died at their home in Browneville at 12:50 o'clock yesterday. The remains will be taken to Clapp's factory this morning for interment in the family burying grounds." - from the "Columbus, GA, Daily Enquirer-Sun" newspaper, Tuesday morning, 14 JUN 1889, p. 3.

      The name of Browneville was changed in 1889 to Phenix City, which was in Lee County, AL, until 1923, when PC merged with Girard, AL, under the name Phenix City, and the county line was changed so that all of the town was in Russell County. Clapp's Factory was on the river, three miles above Columbus, about where the Oliver Dam is today. I am interested in any further information on this CAST family and their kin. I have further material on the Clapp's Factory mill, community, and cemetery, which I'll be glad to share.

      Search the Muscogee Mailing list - type in GAMUSCO
      http://archiver.rootsweb.com/ (all messages per month)

      http://searches2.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl