Meeting this weekend

    Message 1 of 6 , May 20, 2003
      Everyone,

      I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to seeing those of you
      who will be able to attend my presentation this coming weekend. For
      anyone who will be in town and is interested, we are hoping to meet as a
      group and talk a little bit about the incorporation and some of our
      goals for the organization. The MGS presentation is at 3:00 pm, and I'm
      thinking some folk may want to go out to the cemetery and see it
      afterwards, so Kemis and I discussed meeting over lunch somewhere. We
      won't go anyplace particularly fancy - if anyone has a suggestion,
      please let us know. I've always enjoyed Morrison's Cafeteria, and since
      they have a wide selection, people could pick whatever they want to eat
      - or don't have to eat at all. I know there's one at the Peachtree Mall.

      Anyway, why don't we plan to meet about 1:00 pm - will that give us
      enough time to eat and get over to the library? - and maybe some of the
      lunch crowd will have dissipated by then. Y'all let me know your
      thoughts, and we'll post some definite plans tomorrow - thanks! See
      y'all soon,

      John
      Message 2 of 6 , May 20, 2003
        John,

        Please don't forget the book on Columbus that you have.

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Message 3 of 6 , May 21, 2003
          Morrison's has changed their name but it's the same type place. We also have a Golden Corral and Ryan's that have buffets if anyone is interested.

          kemis

          Message 4 of 6 , May 22, 2003
            All,

            We will meet at 1 pm on Saturday afternoon at the Piccadilly Cafeteria
            (it's no longer called Morrison's) at Peachtree Mall in Columbus. To
            get to the cafeteria from I-185, take the Manchester Expressway (Highway
            85) exit, go east, and the entrance to the mall will be on your left at
            the next traffic signal past the service road (I think). The cafeteria
            is on the back side of the mall. The Manchester Expressway exit is the
            next exit south from the Airport Thruway exit. Anyone who's planning to
            meet us and hasn't let Kemis or me know, please do, so we'll know to be
            on the lookout for you.

            Also, does anyone have a camcorder or similar device we could use to
            record the presentation.? I have equipment to make an audio recording
            and to take still photographs, but no video camera. I have someone who
            has volunteered to operate a video camera if we can find one, we just
            need to borrow it during the MGS meeting. If anyone can help, please
            let me know. Thanks to everyone,

            John
          • Ggbryan821@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 22, 2003
              Save a seat for Virginia and me!
              John, I have a video camera with tripod and will bring it. The only thing is
              that at our Confederate Memorial Day Service the guy who operated it for me
              only got about half of the ceremony?? We'll sure try again though and
              hopefully it was something that he did wrong!
              Gwen

              Message 6 of 6 , May 23, 2003
                FYI,

                After almost 24 hours rain Wed pm to Thur pm, the Chattahoochee is back up. Yesterday afternoon the water was creeping back up on the Riverwalk. Today and tomorrow it's suppose to be partly cloudy to sunny and in the 80's.

                See ya'll tomorrow.