Re: [ClappCemetery] Digest Number 136

  • patricia cantrell
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 4:41 AM
      Hi Kemis!
      I subscribe to the Nix rootsweb list for my Nix
      research. I don't know if I am kin to any of the Nix's
      here in town or not, but I do get the digest mail. My
      gg-grandmother was a Nix from Pendleton/Pickens Co,
      SC.

      Sorry I could not be at the cleanup. Joseph had a
      make up soccer game. The fields have been closed for
      some time for practice and games. They are finally
      letting us play games, but no practices. We are
      practicing at Lakebottom at the present moment (near
      the 13th St. part.) We still have 3 more games to make
      up because of the rain. Since it was kind of nice
      Saturday, we took mama to the soccer game and it wore
      her out, so I, naturally, had to stay with her. She
      will be 81 on the 12th of this month and has dementia.
      She really enjoyed watching Joseph play, though, that
      is the good part!!

      Now, for some semi-bad news. We went up to the
      Subway on BV Rd. the other evening and saw some
      teenies walking around the back. I told my boyfriend
      to walk around the corner and just peek around the
      corner to see what was up. Those kids headed straight
      for the Nix graves. So, he hollered at them to get
      away (he is 6', 250 lbs.) They scrambled down the hill
      towards Walmart!!!! So, hopefully, the graves are okay
      for the time being. You know, maybe those Nix
      descendants might want to think about fencing those
      graves off now. They used to be in the woods when I
      was in Jr. High School back in the mid-70's before
      John Wells built that little strip mall. I went to
      Rothschild Jr. High School back then (now a Middle
      School.)
      Well, I have to get off of here and get my son ready
      for school. The bus comes a little after 8am and he
      wanted to sleep a little later. Take care and write
      soon!
      Patricia Cantrell
      Columbus, GA
      --- ClappCemetery@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > There are 3 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Email Lists
      > From: "Kemis Massey" <sobby@...>
      > 2. Re: Email Lists
      > From: John Mallory Land
      > <retrofit@...>
      > 3. Re: Email Lists
      > From: "Kemis Massey" <sobby@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 18:37:13 -0500
      > From: "Kemis Massey" <sobby@...>
      > Subject: Email Lists
      >
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I don't know about some of you but I was whipped
      > after Saturday. It sure looked different over there
      > after we finished. It is the beginning of a good
      > place to rest. I'll be checking in on it during the
      > week to see if GA power got the presents we left
      > them.
      >
      > As if I don't ask for enough help, but I need to
      > know if anyone belongs to any of the family lists
      > that we have identified so far? I've joined all of
      > the to send them info from time to time, but it's
      > become almost over whelming even scanning the
      > additional emails everyday hoping for a response.
      > If some of you are already receiving the emails, you
      > are reading them and can response to anyone
      > inquiring about the CLAPP's Factory Cemetery.
      >
      > kemis

      > removed]

      > Message: 2
      > Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:51:59 -0600
      > From: John Mallory Land <retrofit@...>
      > Subject: Re: Email Lists
      >
      > Kemis,
      >
      > I subscribe to the NEWSOME and PAGE mailing lists
      > and will monitor them
      > for any information or queries pertaining to the
      > Clapp's Factory
      > families. If there are others you would like me to
      > watch, I'll be glad
      > to do that. I have not subscribed to ABNEY, PIKE,
      > MORRIS, or STATHAM.,
      > but all of these would be appropriate for me. I
      > could also do MILLER.
      >
      > John
      >
      > Kemis Massey wrote:
      >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I don't know about some of you but I was whipped
      > after Saturday. It
      > > sure looked different over there after we
      > finished. It is the
      > > beginning of a good place to rest. I'll be
      > checking in on it during
      > > the week to see if GA power got the presents we
      > left them.
      > >
      > > As if I don't ask for enough help, but I need to
      > know if anyone
      > > belongs to any of the family lists that we have
      > identified so far?
      > > I've joined all of the to send them info from time
      > to time, but it's
      > > become almost over whelming even scanning the
      > additional emails
      > > everyday hoping for a response. If some of you
      > are already receiving
      > > the emails, you are reading them and can response
      > to anyone inquiring
      > > about the CLAPP's Factory Cemetery.

> [...]
      === message truncated ===

      http://tax.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 5:23 PM
        Patricia,

        Thanks you are a life saver. My email is getting backed up as is my snail mail. Every little bit helps. I know I'll keep the HILL and ABNEY lines as they are part of my ROSAMOND ancestors. Eventually, I'm going to have to let some of the others go but I would like to know they are being covered. . . that means we have a descendant and possibly more info or a caring person.

        The kids are only young once (well some of us stay that way in their minds all their life) enjoy all the games you have. In days to come you'll have a wonderful memory. I wish I could sit on some benches and cheer mine on again. . . and I know my mother would sit on those same benches with me again.

        We have a very successful Saturday. We met and made some new friends and renewed some friendship with some old ones. Got a lot accomplished, but a lot more to go. There were more contacts made and each time we make contact, we get more clues. Maybe on one of the functions you can join us.

        kemis