Re: Battle of Columbus inquiry

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2002
      Greetings, All:

      In reponse to the information I sent to Charles Misulia regarding the Battle of Columbus and the Confederate Soldiers purportedly buried in the Clapp's Factory Cemetery, I received the following reply:

      <<Mr. Land,

      Thank you very much for your timely and informative
      reply. I found the information about the location of
      the cemetery and the burials particularly helpful. I
      will continue to search for information on the
      soldiers who are potentially buried at the Clapp
      Cemetery. I have a fairly good idea of the name of
      one individual taken from family and service records
      who was killed during the battle and is supposed to be
      buried in Columbus, but is not listed at any of the
      other city cemeteries in either Columbus or Phenix
      City. I will be working on tracking him down and will
      pass the information along as soon as I'm able to say
      something with some amount of probability. Again,
      thank you for your time and efforts in this matter.
      If I may be of any assistance to you please let me
      know.

      Charles Misulia
      P.O.Box 458
      Lumpkin, GA 31815