Clapp Cemetery Info

  • Charles Misulia
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2002
      Greetings,

      My name is Charles Misulia. I ran across your Yahoo-Group while
      doing some online research about Columbus. For a few months now
      I've been researching the Battle of Girard / Columbus - April 16,
      1865. I've also done a bit on the industry of the city. I was
      hoping that members might help me locate some further information
      about either the Clapp Manufacturing Co. or about the soldier's
      buried in the Clapp Cemetery.
      I've gone through all of the materials in Columbus at the
      libraries as well as the information housed in the Citizens and
      Business files located at the National Archives and also at Wallace
      State. I've also been through most of the Federal returns and
      reports from units passing through and aiding in the destruction of
      the city in the days following the battle. I am particularly
      interested in primary source information about the factory, its
      workers, and its destruction during the period 1861-1865 and
      especially April 1865. Any information would be appreciated. Also,
      if the information I've collected would be of any assistance to any
      of you please let me know. Thank you for your time.

      Charles Misulia