Contacting Buster WRIGHT

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2002
      Howdy, y'all:

      I just spoke with Buster WRIGHT (5:00 p.m. CST). Sadly, the news is
      accurate that his wife died about ten years ago. Worse yet, he is now
      fighting cancer himself. He sounds like a very nice man and used to
      work in the historical room at the Bradley Memorial Library. I asked
      about his wife's research on the NEWSOME folk and he said no one in the
      family is working on it now, and if I wanted to come by when I'm in
      town, he would probably just give it to me.

      I am trying to sort out exactly when I can come to Columbus, and I'm
      thinking it will be before the end of the year. I will keep everyone
      apprised of my plans. Also, I'm going to compile a list of known
      sources of information on all things relating to Clapp's Factory,
      community and cemetery, so as to identify the best places to look for
      additional material. Thanks for everyone for your continuing support.

      John in TX
    • skipperhe@juno.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2002
        John, You might have no reason to know; although others might know, but I
        wonder if Buster Wright is black. I have worked that library several
        times and there was more times than not that a black gentleman was the
        only person working in the genealogical section. He was most helpful to
        me and most kind. I remember him to be a volunteer and he had a vast
        amount of information about the Columbus area. Just a thought; but it
        would be interesting to know of that is the same person I thought so many
        good thoughts about. Harold Skipper

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 25, 2002
          Skip,

          When I spoke to Buster, I did not get the impression that he is Black,
          although it is certainly not out of the question. I would be somewhat
          surprised, however, if he turned out to be, since it seems his wife was
          a cousin of my mom's through the NEWSOME family.

          Plans for a trip to Georgia are still up in the air, but I will keep
          everyone informed of any developments, and I look forward to seeing
          y'all some time soon.

          John in TX