Notification of CFCPL Annual Meeting - Oct. 12

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2013
      The Clapp's Factory Cemetery Preservation League will hold our Annual Meeting on Saturday, October 12, beginning at 11 AM, at the main branch of the Columbus Public Library, 3000 Macon Road, in Columbus.  All who are able are encouraged to attend.  In accordance with our bylaws, the Nominating Committee (Cynthia Nason, Chair) has put forward the following slate of candidates for office:  President - John Mallory Land; Vice-President - Cynthia Nason; Secretary and Treasurer - Kemis Massey.  Nominations will also be accepted from the floor during the Annual Meeting (candidates must be present and consent to being nominated).  There are places open on the Board of Directors, if anyone is willing and able to serve.  Please pass the word on to anyone who may also be interested in attending.  Also, our fiscal year began on September 1, so it's time for annual membership dues.  The bylaws, as amended, set the rates at $20 (individual) and $35 (household).  You may pay your dues at the Annual Meeting or mail a check or money order to:  CFCPL / PO Box 6967 / Columbus, GA / 31917-6967.  Thanks to everyone for your continued support! - jml

    • swatson302
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2013
        I was at the library this morning just before 11am and the rooms were taken by other groups.    I had wanted to join and to try to become active with the group, but apparently this was not to be.     I also thought I would be able to help with getting a marker for my ancestor who had fought in the Civil War, find out more about what I could do.

        I must admit I am disappointed.

        Sue Watson