Clapp's Factory Cemetery group to meet soon

  • ClappCemetery-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2013
      Greetings, All!

      The Clapp's Factory Cemetery Preservation League has been idle for too long and is overdue for an Annual Meeting. We need to meet to elect officers for the new year and to discuss specific projects we can pursue with respect to preserving and improving the cemetery. Among these projects are: ordering headstones from the Veterans Administration for Confederate graves; marking several other graves (Julius Franklin CAIN, John LEWIS, and unknown infant) with concrete head markers; putting up one or more signs at the site that include contact information; placing a historic monument; and erecting a fence with gates along at least part of the perimeter of the cemetery.

      I am proposing a meeting on Saturday, 12 OCT 2013, at the Columbus Public Library main branch at 3000 Macon Road. I am hoping this will give enough time for folks to plan to attend. Please let me know if you will or will not be able to attend a meeting on this date (time TBA) - my email address is newsompageATyahoo.com. The number of persons anticipated will determine what meeting room we will need to reserve.

      Please pass this notice on to other interested parties who may not be subscribed to the Yahoo! Group for Clapp's Factory Cemetery. By the way, annual membership dues and donations may still be directed to: Clapp's Factory Cemetery Preservation League, Inc. / PO Box 6967 / Columbus, GA 31917-6967.

      Thanks! - John Mallory Land
    • Candy Ford
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2013
        Unfortunately I already have two commitments on 12 Oct. Sorry.

        Candy