Re: [ClappCemetery] Georgia Archives

  • PAUL DIFFLEY
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2012
      Great news. That would have been a real blow to public access to government records.

      Thanks, Paul Diffley

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2012
        The original post came for the County Coordinators (CC) for GAGen. I
        forwarded to every list that I am list admin for. Then through my personal
        email - home and work. Then I went to Facebook included groups that I
        belong to. Channel 9 News here had a segment about it. Seems several
        stations throughout GA did also. One CC also has lists in FL. She sent the
        message to her FL people. Next thing the message went throughout the US.
        People were calling, emailing and writing about the closing. At one point
        the phones were over loaded. One of the saving factors is there is a GA
        state law that makes it illegal not to have a state Archives. That's why
        they had to work with University of GA.

        IMHO - most people don't realize how many people are very passionate about
        researching their ancestors or any info as how to research.

        kemis

        On Behalf Of PAUL DIFFLEY

        Great news. That would have been a real blow to public access to government
        records.

        Thanks, Paul Diffley

        DgxMDkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTM2MzgyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzUwNjA4Mzc2>
        Image removed by sender. Yahoo! Groups