Georgia Archives

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2012
      From another list . . . kemis

      -----Original Message-----
      Forwarding this post from the Spalding County list. If you aren't aware of
      this new viewer, you may want to try it out. It does seem to be easier to
      use then the original.

      It's a good chance to check out all of the records that have been added if
      you haven't looked lately. Great resources to link to for your researchers
      and to use for indexing or transcribing for our sites.

      Linda B.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2012
        From another list kemis

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 18, 2012
          Great news. That would have been a real blow to public access to government records.

          Thanks, Paul Diffley

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2012
            The original post came for the County Coordinators (CC) for GAGen. I
            forwarded to every list that I am list admin for. Then through my personal
            email - home and work. Then I went to Facebook included groups that I
            belong to. Channel 9 News here had a segment about it. Seems several
            stations throughout GA did also. One CC also has lists in FL. She sent the
            message to her FL people. Next thing the message went throughout the US.
            People were calling, emailing and writing about the closing. At one point
            the phones were over loaded. One of the saving factors is there is a GA
            state law that makes it illegal not to have a state Archives. That's why
            they had to work with University of GA.

            IMHO - most people don't realize how many people are very passionate about
            researching their ancestors or any info as how to research.

            kemis

            On Behalf Of PAUL DIFFLEY

            Great news. That would have been a real blow to public access to government
            records.

            Thanks, Paul Diffley

            DgxMDkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTM2MzgyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzUwNjA4Mzc2>
            Image removed by sender. Yahoo! Groups