RE: [ClappCemetery] Records?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2012
      Mark,

      Please be forewarned, it's a jungle. We've only found one grave marked and
      he/she was a child. As far as the Newsom(e) goes, our President is a Newson
      descendant. He has info on the Newsoms .

      Also, the cemetery was once reported as being around 23 acres. The cemetery
      is located on GA Power land by the North River. According to them, the
      cemetery is less than 2 acres. One of our members has a picture she took of
      her grandmother in the early 70's. She was pointing to her mothers grave.
      What's left of the cemetery is really scary.

      As far as burial records, we took the info that Jane Hannah did some years
      back and used that as a bases of who was buried there. There are more
      people we have identified since that Mrs. Hannah's list was done. One of
      our members has retired, so she and her mom travel some. She always tries
      to include a trip to various libraries and state archives. It's amazing how
      much info on the Clapp Cemetery, factory and village she has found in the
      strangest locations.

      Check out CLAPP Factory Cemetery on the left hand side of
      http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gamuscog/index.htm Has some info on the
      cemetery, factory and village.

      kemis

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2012