Upcoming Events: Clean-Up Day! Board meeting!

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2010
      Howdy, Folks -

      We will be having a Clean-Up Day at the Clapp's Factory Cemetery on Saturday, Nov. 13, from 9 AM to 4 PM.

      Our objective will be to remove as many of the remaining dumped roofing shingles as we can. Whoever plans to come and help assist with the shingles, or tend our hospitality table for passers-by and sort our refreshments, or just lend moral support - please RSVP that you are planning to come, either to Kemis at sobbygenealogy @ knology.net or to me (John) at retrofit @ flash.net . If we expect enough folks, we will have a Port-a-Potty brought in for our convenience while onsite.

      Also, there will be a CFCPL Board meeting on Sat. Dec. 4 at 12:30 PM at the North Columbus Branch public library, at 5689 Armour Road (just south of W. Britt David Dr.), Columbus, GA, 31909. Everyone is encouraged to attend and give your input about current and upcoming projects with the group.

      By the way, earlier this month I attended an all-day historic cemetery preservation workshop at Gainesville, GA, conducted by nationally recognized cemetery expert John Appell. I hope to apply some of my new-found skills in monument cleaning, leveling and repair soon, in and around Columbus.

      Also, I am in the process of moving to Columbus. I already have my place in Columbus but am back here in Texas, sorting and packing for the big move. My new mailing address:

      John Mallory Land
      PO Box 6967
      Columbus, GA 31917-6967

      My phone number (469.995.5222 cell) and email will remain the same.

      Thanks go all of you for your continued support!

      John