Nadine (ADERHOLD) LAND (1925 Columbus, GA - 2009 Dallas, TX)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2009
      Hello, everyone. For those of you who may not have heard, my mom passed away on July 18. We held a memorial service at my parents' church in Dallas on July 21 and another on July 26 at Mt. Paron Primitive Baptist Cemetery in Box Springs, GA, where mom will be buried. I apologize for the late notice to those of you who have not heard - I thought a message had already been posted to this list, but I was wrong. The following is mom's obituary:

      <<<<Nadine (Aderhold) Land, February 3, 1925 – July 18, 2009

      Nadine (Aderhold) Land, 84, passed away on Saturday, July 18, 2009, at Graystone Manor hospice, 17207 Graystone Drive, in Dallas, TX.

      Mrs. Land was the wife of Ernest C. Land, Sr., whom she married on January 30, 1955, at Eastern Heights Baptist Church in Columbus, GA. She was born Vesta Nadine Aderhold on February 3, 1925, in Columbus, daughter of the late Archie M. and Ethel E. (Sizemore) Aderhold. She was a homemaker and had lived in Dallas for forty years.

      Mrs. Land received a bachelor's degree in social work from the Carver School of Missions in Louisville, KY. A long-time member of Park Cities Baptist Church in Dallas, she was also active for years in the Town North Antique Study Club and was past president of the Dallas Chapter, Lupus Foundation of America.

      Mrs. Land was preceded in death by her parents; a sister, Dorothy (Aderhold) Redmond; and an infant brother. She is survived by her husband, Ernest, of Dallas, TX; two sons, Ernst C. (Trudi) Land, Jr., of Refugio, TX, and John M. Land, of Dallas, TX; one sister, Mrs. Louie F. Giglio, Jr., of Alpharetta, GA; three brothers, Lester M. (Rae Jean) Aderhold, Sr., of Tallahassee, FL, Alton M. (Myrtle) Aderhold, Sr., of Rockmart, GA, and Clyde W. (Frances) Aderhold, of Orwigsburg, PA; and a number of nieces and nephews.

      A memorial service was conducted at Park Cities Baptist Church, Dallas, on Tuesday, July 21, 2009, at 10:00 AM, officiated by Dr. John McCormick. A graveside memorial service, officiated by Mrs. Land's nephew, Louie F. Giglio, III, will be held at 3:00 PM on Sunday, July 26, 2009, at Mt. Paron Primitive Baptist Cemetery in Box Springs, GA, where interment will take place.

      In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Lupus Foundation of America (www.lupus.org) or to the Mt. Paron Primitive Baptist Cemetery Association (c/o 700 Box Springs Rd., Box Springs, GA, 31801). Arrangements by Dalton & Son Funeral Home, Lewisville, TX.>>>>
    • Anne
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 30, 2009
        John,
        I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Please accept my condolences.
        Did she have Lupus? My oldest daughter is afflicted with that and it can be a rough disease to deal with. So far, we have been blessed that none of her organs have been affected. She is forty-seven and was diagnosed three years ago.
        I am hoping to make it to Columbus In Oct, but all depends on my aunt. She is 85 and lives with us. If I have someone to stay with her, my husband, Joe and I will be there.
        Hugs,
        Anne Brown