Re: Census Records

  • lwn101778
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
      How did the cleanup day go? Haven't seen anything. Sorry, I could
      not make it. Got tied up helping a friend.

      --- In ClappCemetery@yahoogroups.com, "Kemis Massey"
      <sobbygenealogy@...> wrote:

      > from another list. . . kemis
      >

      > I just wanted to let everyone know that isn't keeping track of the
      progress
      > that FamilySearch is making in getting records indexed and
      available online
      > that the 1850 Census now includes Georgia in the searchable index
      and the
      > 1900 is also available to search and view the actual images - for
      FREE!!!

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2008
        We had John Mallory Land, Cynthia Nason, Rosebird and myself. That's 2 bag
        holders, 1 sitter and 1 worker. John bagged up 31 bags of shingles (1
        pile). That leaves at least 4 more piles of shingles and we can start doing
        cutting back vines.

        We set a table up on the Riverwalk with info available. The weather was
        great for cleaning. Just wish we could get more help. The Ledger didn't
        print the press release. I sent copies of an announcement to the government
        channel and 4 TV stations for their "community" calendar. Didn't see
        anything on them either. Oh well maybe next time. Small steps.

        kemis