Mrs. R. A. SIMPSON d. 12 JAN 1903, buried at CF

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2008
      Supersleuth Cynthia Nason is in Salt Lake City this week, and just
      called with some CF discoveries, including the following burial
      (previously unknown to me). Mrs. C. M. D. SIMPSON was named as a
      surviving daughter of Mrs. M. J. HINES, who was buried at CF in SEP
      1899:

      "MRS. R. A. SIMPSON DEAD: Funeral Will Occur From the Late Residence
      This Afternoon.

      "Mrs. R. A. SIMPSON, the wife of Mr. C. M. D. SIMPSON, died at their
      residence, No. 12 [?]Seventeenth street, at 3:20 [?] o'clock
      yesterday morning, after an illness of four weeks of general
      debility. She was 50 years old on June 10th last. Besides her grief-
      stricken husband she is survived by five children. They are: Mrs.
      Leila JONES, Miss Nellie SIMPSON, Mr. Clyde SIMPSON, and Masters
      Thos. E. and Geo. E. SIMPSON, all of Columbus. She was a member of
      the Broad street M. E. church, and a consecrated Christian and died
      in the full triumphs of the Christian religion. She was a devoted
      wife, a loving mother, and a kind neighbor. The grief stricken
      family have the profound sympathy of their wide circle of friends in
      this and dispensation of an all-wise providence. The funeral will
      take place this afternoon from the house, at one o'clock, and will be
      conducted by Rev. J. G. HARRISON [?]. The interment will be in
      Clapp's Factory burying ground."

      [Columbus (GA) Daily Enquirer-Sun newspaper, Tuesday, 13 JAN 1903]

      Among other things, Cynthia found a photograph in a Chicago newspaper
      that evidently shows a row of tenement housing in the Clapp's Factory
      village. Go, Cynthia! I'll post more as I receive it. - jml