1166Confederate grave monuments have been delivered

    Dec 30, 2013

      The first two of the Clapp's Factory Cemetery Confederate headstones from the VA (William Robert JEFFRIES and William PAGE) were delivered Dec. 23.  We received word that a 3rd CF headstone (James NEWSOME) arrived this morning, Dec. 30.  These grave markers need to be moved from the city sexton's office at Riverdale Cemetery out to Clapp's Factory Cemetery, where they will be set in the newly cleared Memorial Section.  They are white marble, measuring 42" x 13" x 4" and are said to weigh between 300 and 400 pounds each. I need some able bodies who can volunteer to help put these on a truck and then move them from the truck into Clapp's Factory Cemetery. The one monument going to Patrick Cemetery (William Abraham ODOM, Sr.) will be moved Monday, January 6.  We need to move the 3 to Clapp's Factory some time during the week of January 6 also.  Any volunteers?  (By the way, we have applications pending for at least 5 more headstones that will also go to Clapp's Factory.)  Thanks!  - John Mallory Land - 469.995.5222 (cell phone)