1158Damaged apparent infant grave

  • ClappCemetery-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Aug 26, 2013
      By the way, I was at Clapp's Factory Cemetery for several hours yesterday afternoon to do an assessment. On the positive side, I found very little litter and almost no evidence of dumping. There are still a couple of piles of discarded shingles that need to be taken up, but these are quite old. One matter of concern is the evident unidentified grave of an infant on the bluff (see FindAGrave.com Memorial #61954037). It is marked only with upright field stones at the head and foot. The footpath goes right over it. Since I visited last, the footstone has been displaced and broken. Also, some grass clippings had been dumped next to it. I will post photographs of the site. If the foot and bike traffic is not diverted, the meager grave markings will be lost. I will be addressing this problem over the Labor Day weekend by first rerouting the footpath. I will then install some kind of treatment to signal that this is a grave and to protect it from further incursion.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic