      From: ClappCemetery@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:ClappCemetery@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of newsompage
      Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2010 8:56 PM
      To: ClappCemetery@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ClappCemetery] My upcoming visit to Columbus

      Hello, All - I hope everyone is well. There have been some developments in
      my life, some of which will have an impact on the CFCPL and the cemetery
      project. I am in the process of getting my parents' household ready for an
      estate sale. When my brother has had a chance to come to Dallas to hash
      through what we each want to keep, we will be holding the sale, then get rid
      of whatever is left. We will be putting the house up for sale, and I plan to
      move to Columbus (projected date at present is around Labor Day of this
      year).

      I will be in Columbus May 14-18 to bury my dad's remains at Mt. Paron
      Cemetery in Box Springs, open a PO Box, put in some job applications and
      look at housing options (Kemis & John Massey have offered very reasonable
      terms on a house for me temporarily while I look for something long-term). I
      will also be visiting some kin and, of course, checking on the Clapp's
      Factory Cemetery. We will not be having a formal event, but I will be at the
      cemetery at least once, probably on Saturday May 15 or Sunday May 16, and if
      anyone would like to come out and visit with me there, I would love to see
      you. Also, I would be glad to have lunch or dinner with anyone in the area
      who would care to - let's plan a meal (Cracker Barrel or Country's BBQ are
      always great!). Please post to the group or email me personally if you're
      interested and when you're available.

      The CFCPL officers will be having a teleconference in the next couple of
      weeks, at which time we intend to set a date for a Clean-Up Day in the fall.
      As soon as details are determined, we will post them to this group. Also,
      once I am living in Georgia, I expect we will be having membership meetings
      on a more regular basis (in accordance with our by-laws). Cemetery
      preservation is going to be a top priority for me, once I've settled in to
      my new hometown.

      I have been asked to make a presentation about cemetery preservation to
      the Chattahoochee County Historic Preservation Society, although the date
      has not yet been set. The presentation for the society in May (Monday the
      17th at 7 pm in Cusseta) will be about historic Rosenwald schools. My
      cemetery presentation will probably be for either the July membership
      meeting or the one in September (they have a program meeting every other
      month).

      By the way, in case anyone is interested, the PATE, ROBINSON & SIZEMORE
      families will be having a reunion on Saturday, Oct. 2, 2010, at the Mt.
      Olive Primitive Baptist Cemetery (or Lower Cemetery) in Cusseta, GA. I am
      hoping to stimulate interest among my kin in supporting ongoing care for
      this cemetery and the various cemeteries where our people are buried more
      generally. If any of you have connections in Chattahoochee Co., you are
      certainly welcome to attend.

      I'll post more as I'm able, and I look forward to seeing y'all some time
      soon. -- John in TX (for now)