Is this list chatty?

  • Alexis
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
      Is this list one just for info or do we introduce ourselves when we join? I don;t want to intrude into a site just for information cuz I'm sorta chatty
      [Alexis]Lynn Evans on CYAN on Langkawi Malaysia
      I use Lexxy on the net but Lynn to folks who know me in person...confusing
      My Captain is Chuck!
    • svbebe
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
        Not yet...the list was just started...we wanted to get enough members to be able to exchange circumnavigation information. The list is about a week old and has seven members. Hopefully in 6 months we will have 100.

        Best,

        Bill
        s/v BeBe, Currently docked in Malaysia, crew at Angkor Wat, Cambodia

        --- In Circumnavigation@yahoogroups.com, "Alexis" <lexxycyan@...> wrote:

        > Is this list one just for info or do we introduce ourselves when we join? I don;t want to intrude into a site just for information cuz I'm sorta chatty
        > [Alexis]Lynn Evans on CYAN on Langkawi Malaysia
        > I use Lexxy on the net but Lynn to folks who know me in person...confusing
        > My Captain is Chuck!

      • Alexis Lynn Evans
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
          not to get chatty but we head to Siem Reap on Feb 11 and stay at Mandolay Inn...Hope you had a great time

          Lynn Evans on CYAN

          Not yet...the list was just started...we wanted to get enough members to be able to exchange circumnavigation information. The list is about a week old and has seven members. Hopefully in 6 months we will have 100.

          Best,

          Bill
          s/v BeBe, Currently docked in Malaysia, crew at Angkor Wat, Cambodia

          --- In Circumnavigation@ yahoogroups. com, "Alexis" <lexxycyan@. ..> wrote:

          > Is this list one just for info or do we introduce ourselves when we join? I don;t want to intrude into a site just for information cuz I'm sorta chatty
          > [Alexis]Lynn Evans on CYAN on Langkawi Malaysia
          > I use Lexxy on the net but Lynn to folks who know me in person...confusing
          > My Captain is Chuck!

        • svbebe
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010
            We are staying at Pavillion d' Orient...a boutique hotel...it is wonderful there is much included with the room, massage, tuk tuk 14 hours a day, wonderful breakfast, some tours, limited car & driver, great room, great pool, etc. www.pavillon-orient-hotel.com about $100/night inclusive.

            We are having a great time...and by the way, if either of you are taking prescription meds, this is the place to buy them...no doctor necessary, just go to the pharmacy.

            If you want to go to some distant places and/or need a car/driver contact samrethleang@... (855) 978 667 664. Nice a/c Toyota Camry and his frozen wash cloths that he will give you hourly are to die for. Somewhere around $50 for the day inclusive.

            You will be here for Chinese New Year Feb 14.

            Let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

            Best,

            Bill
            s/v BeBe, currently Malaysia, crew in Cambodia for a week

            --- In Circumnavigation@yahoogroups.com, Alexis Lynn Evans <lexxycyan@...> wrote:

            > not to get chatty but we head to Siem Reap on Feb 11 and stay at Mandolay Inn...Hope you had a great time
            >
            > Lynn Evans on CYAN
            >

            > ________________________________

          • svbebe
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2010
              Lynn,

              Another place to check out. Most of our meals have been in the 10-15 range for both of us. Last night we had a 60 meal at Paris Saigon Restaurant. They offer French and Vietnamese food. The best of 6 dishes we had (including 2 deserts) was Vietnamese: Ca loc quay muoc dua. It is a fish dish.

              Judy and I agree that this meal was possibly the best we have had anywhere in 10 years or more.

              When we returned to our room the hotel had left the prettiest chocolate cake for us as a gesture. Although I do not think that I am ever too full for chocolate cake, I left it for today...it was wonderful.

              We were able to find and buy 1 year supply of Judy's thyroid meds for cents on the dollar.

              We finished all of the temples yesterday and will go to the museum today.

              Enjoy your stay in Siem Reap.

              Best,

              Bill
              s/v BeBe

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 6, 2010
                love the help...thanks a bunch...you are in some nice luxury compared to how we travel...our hotel is $16 A DAY and is the most popular on Tripadvisor. Do you read that?
                This all sounds yummy! I love French!

                Lynn Evans [and Chuck]
                CYAN 380-058 Beaufort SC
                [boat & crew are in