Re: [Churchcrawling] Faringdon All Saints Berkshire

  • ChurchCrawler
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2013

      Did you mean to attach pictures Chris?

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 9:15 AM
      Subject: [Churchcrawling] Faringdon All Saints Berkshire

      Faringdon All Saints Berkshire

      Hoorah, another new county for me, my first churches in Berkshire.....
      On our journey home we decided to pull off and explore the small market town of Faringdon, it was a bit of a one horse town but the church looked really interesting, a mix of Norman and EE in a rustic unrestored style to judge by the exterior. I liked the literal translation of the broken pediment style at the E end! The chancel looked longer than the nave in the cruciform church. A key could be obtained from the Tourist Information office, so we hot footed it back there, but sadly it closed at 2pm so we were unable to gain access to the interior, we’ll have to get there earlier next time. It is also open on Saturdays during the summer according to the information sheet.

    • Chris Stafford
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2013

      Oooppss sorry Phil,  silly me;-) Nobody else mentioned it, I shall have to reprimand Ken tomorrow!