All Saints church Deighton

  • kennethpaver
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2013
    Another sunny but cold day, and another run out to visit a normally closed previously unvisited local church.As you will surmise it is mainly a question of box ticking as I think that any church with anything much to show has been on my list for quite a time.
    At one time a chapel of rest serving the parish of Northallerton and it would seem that there was a building here in 1715. N.P. tells us that the rest is basically Hicks 1901. Pulpit 17c with " a prettily decorated sounding board" No mention of font . Village not included by Mee.