Re: St Peter, Bounemouth

  • tudorbarlow
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
      I visited St Peter's in 2006 in my early days of church crawling. A few pictures here-

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/tudorbarlow/sets/72157603207059372/with/327298718/

      Gil

      --- In Churchcrawling@yahoogroups.com, John Salmon wrote:

      > From 1998

    • John Salmon
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2013
        Thanks for those.
        I would love to return and try and get some pictures without the orange
        glow which both of us seemed to have experienced.

        I also want to visit St Francis, Bournemouth some time.

        JR

        On 02/02/2013 07:42, tudorbarlow wrote:
        > I visited St Peter's in 2006 in my early days of church crawling. A few pictures here-
        >
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/tudorbarlow/sets/72157603207059372/with/327298718/
        >
        > Gil
        >
        > --- In Churchcrawling@yahoogroups.com, John Salmon wrote:
        >>
        >> From 1998
      • John Whitworth
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2013
          Our wedding photos in the north (Whitmore) chapel of Orsett church also got that orange glow. It can be colour balance adjusted to a certain degree, but not completely naturally looking. Really annoying. I wonder what specifically causes it, as I have not experienced it in many of my church jaunts. For those of you who are linked to me on Facebook, that is why my profile picture is black & white, as I couldn’t get the colour balance right! :)

          JW

          Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:54 AM
          Subject: Re: [Churchcrawling] Re: St Peter, Bounemouth

          Thanks for those.
          I would love to return and try and get some pictures without the orange
          glow which both of us seemed to have experienced.

          I also want to visit St Francis, Bournemouth some time.

          JR

          On 02/02/2013 07:42, tudorbarlow wrote:
          > I visited St Peter's in 2006 in my early days of church crawling. A few pictures here-
          >
          > http://www.flickr.com/photos/tudorbarlow/sets/72157603207059372/with/327298718/
          >
          > Gil
          >
          > --- In mailto:Churchcrawling%40yahoogroups.com, John Salmon wrote:
          >>
          >> From 1998

        • John Salmon
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2013
            I am sure it is mainly due to the tungsten light, or our cameras not
            dealing with the mixture of tungsten and daylight combined.

            I often get a bluish tinge to the white areas with internal shots and I
            then (in RAW) alter the colour balance to Shade or Cloudy which ever I
            like best. This gives a slightly stony appearance which I prefer rather
            than the colder blue.

            JR