St Peter, Bounemouth

  • aidan.mcraethomson
    Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2013
      Thanks for posting these; I visited the church myself sometime in the early 90s but never got any photos of it. I'd forgotten just how good it is, that chancel is stunning!

      --- In Churchcrawling@yahoogroups.com, John Salmon wrote:

      > From 1998

    • tudorbarlow
      Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
        I visited St Peter's in 2006 in my early days of church crawling. A few pictures here-

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/tudorbarlow/sets/72157603207059372/with/327298718/

        Gil

        --- In Churchcrawling@yahoogroups.com, John Salmon wrote:

        > From 1998

      • John Salmon
        Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2013
          Thanks for those.
          I would love to return and try and get some pictures without the orange
          glow which both of us seemed to have experienced.

          I also want to visit St Francis, Bournemouth some time.

          JR

          On 02/02/2013 07:42, tudorbarlow wrote:
          > I visited St Peter's in 2006 in my early days of church crawling. A few pictures here-
          >
          > http://www.flickr.com/photos/tudorbarlow/sets/72157603207059372/with/327298718/
          >
          > Gil
          >
          > --- In Churchcrawling@yahoogroups.com, John Salmon wrote:
          >>
          >> From 1998
        • John Whitworth
          Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2013
            Our wedding photos in the north (Whitmore) chapel of Orsett church also got that orange glow. It can be colour balance adjusted to a certain degree, but not completely naturally looking. Really annoying. I wonder what specifically causes it, as I have not experienced it in many of my church jaunts. For those of you who are linked to me on Facebook, that is why my profile picture is black & white, as I couldn’t get the colour balance right! :)

            JW

            Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:54 AM
            Subject: Re: [Churchcrawling] Re: St Peter, Bounemouth

            Thanks for those.
            I would love to return and try and get some pictures without the orange
            glow which both of us seemed to have experienced.

            I also want to visit St Francis, Bournemouth some time.

            JR

            On 02/02/2013 07:42, tudorbarlow wrote:
            > I visited St Peter's in 2006 in my early days of church crawling. A few pictures here-
            >
            > http://www.flickr.com/photos/tudorbarlow/sets/72157603207059372/with/327298718/
            >
            > Gil
            >
            > --- In mailto:Churchcrawling%40yahoogroups.com, John Salmon wrote:
            >>
            >> From 1998

          • John Salmon
            Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2013
              I am sure it is mainly due to the tungsten light, or our cameras not
              dealing with the mixture of tungsten and daylight combined.

              I often get a bluish tinge to the white areas with internal shots and I
              then (in RAW) alter the colour balance to Shade or Cloudy which ever I
              like best. This gives a slightly stony appearance which I prefer rather
              than the colder blue.

              JR