CATS IN CHURCHES?

  • Doris Howe
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2013
    I have saved several picturs of 'Church Cats' mostly real ones
    (including the British Blue sent by Marion)ish

    I can't remember who took the picture of the church in Wiltshire.
    The seond one is credited to Evelyn.
    I doubt they might be allowed now
    or anyone putting up a window for me would have to choose betweeen
    black,ginger,blue, tortoishell.....the list is endless:-)
    Doris><>

    --
    *MODERATOR:

    THERE ARE TWO MEANS OF REFUGE IN LIFE...........MUSIC AND CATS
    ALBERT SCHWEITZER

    Faith is a sounder guide than reason.
    Reason can go only so far,
    but Faith has no limit.
    BLAISE PASCAL
    *
  • johnevigar
    Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
      Happy New Year, everyone!

      I have found these cats but don`t have pictures of them to share. They are all carved in wood:

      Boston - bench end
      Royston - roof boss
      Hereford Cathedral - misericord playing the fiddle!

      John V.
      www.johnevigar.com
    • John Whitworth
      Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
        Close...though I suspect no cigar!

        JW

        Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
          There are a couple which look really good candidates, don't they. Number 6 and number 9. Fab collection of critters altogether.
          marion

          --- In Churchcrawling@yahoogroups.com, "John Whitworth" <churchcrawling@...> wrote:

          > Close...though I suspect no cigar!
          >
          > 0135m006.jpg on page: http://www.essexchurches.info/church.asp?p=Danbury
          >
          > JW

        • Chris Stafford
          Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2013
          Following on from the Cats in churches debate I took special notice today on a crawl round W Suffolk and saw this corbel head in Little Thurlow church, I does look quite 'cat-like' to me!

          Chris

          There are a couple which look really good candidates, don't they. Number 6 and number 9. Fab collection of critters altogether.
          marion

          --- In Churchcrawling@yahoogroups.com, "John Whitworth" <churchcrawling@...> wrote:

          > Close...though I suspect no cigar!
          >
          > 0135m006.jpg on page: http://www.essexchurches.info/church.asp?p=Danbury
          >
          > JW

        • jean mccreanor
          Message 6 of 7 , Jan 4, 2013
            How about the 14c sedilia at Croft ?

            --- In mailto:Churchcrawling%40yahoogroups.com, "John Whitworth" <churchcrawling@...> wrote: > > Close...though I suspect no cigar! > > 0135m006.jpg on page: http://www.essexchurches.info/church.asp?p=Danbury > > JW > > From: johnevigar > Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 3:48 PM > To: mailto:Churchcrawling%40yahoogroups.com > Subject: [Churchcrawling] Re: CATS IN CHURCHES? > > > > Happy New Year, everyone! > > I have found these cats but don`t have pictures of them to share. They are all carved in wood: > > Boston - bench end > Royston - roof boss > Hereford Cathedral - misericord playing the fiddle! > > John V. > www.johnevigar.com >
          • bangsflynn@cs.com
            Message 7 of 7 , Jan 4, 2013
              might be a bit uncomfortable to sit on.
              jeremy

              Subj ect: Re: [Churchcrawling] Re: CATS IN CHURCHES? [1 Attachment]