Re: [Churchcrawling] Zaandam [14 Attachments]

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 21, 2012
      I've been trying to find examples of his work in English churches but can't find any - lots in the USA and pictures in the Fitzwilliam museum, Cambridge. Surprising.
      Marion

      On 21 Nov 2012, at 19:08, Marcel wrote:

      > Zaandam.
      >
      > 1887 Roman-Catholic church Maria Magdalena.
      >
      > A first visit to this church for me and it certainly was worth the struggle
      > to find it. Stained glass windows made in the famous Joep Nicolas atelier.
      >

      > Marcel.

    • Marcel
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2014
      Zaandam.

      1687 Doopsgezinde kerk. This church is also made of wood as more churches in
      the area north of Amsterdam. Nice interior. Pictures from 2006.

      http://www.dgzaandam.doopsgezind.nl/en/content/onze_vermaning?menu=3086

      Marcel.

        Message 4 of 7 , Dec 11, 2014
          Was that the wooden church in Westzaan? These two are Mennonite churches. There could be a link as there are lots of Mennonites in the USA.

          Marcel.

          Hail and lots of wind at the moment here. Thank goodness my Christmas holiday has begun. Sitting comfortably in front of the pc with (of course) a cat on my lap.

          Message 5 of 7 , Dec 11, 2014

            On 11 Dec 2014, at 09:28, 'Marcel' clerodendrum@... [Churchcrawling] <Churchcrawling@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Was that the wooden church in Westzaan?

            Yes, that was it.

            These two are Mennonite churches. There could be a link as there are lots of Mennonites in the USA.

            Oh, good. That makes excellent sense. Thank you.

            Marion