St George's Day

  • John Salmon
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2011
      S. GEORGE’S DAY this year, which has now been raised to the rank of a
      Solemnity in England, falls this Monday 2nd May.
    • Doris Howe
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2011
        What is a 'rank of a Solemnity' John?
        Doris><>

        --
        *MODERATOR:

        THERE ARE TWO MEANS OF REFUGE IN LIFE...........MUSIC AND CATS
        ALBERT SCHWEITZER

        Faith is a sounder guide than reason.
        Reason can go only so far,
        but Faith has no limit.
        BLAISE PASCAL
        *
      • John Whitworth
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2011
          Dunno - but I think I'll take the day off work for it! ;-)

          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2011
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranking_of_liturgical_days_in_the_Roman_Rite

            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2011
              As a member of C of E and Low Church at that
              I 'll stick with 'Empire Day as my St.George's Day!':-)
              Doris><>

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 23, 2013
              Best wishes for St Georges Day.
              JR