Where is this

  • Ted Steele
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
      I have permission to pass this question on from another list. Can anyone
      help. Apparently the same Flickr stream that this link takes you to also
      has some other unknown churches. I haven't yet looked at those myself.
      It is just the first one the list that I am asking about.

      Ted

      A colleague of mine has an interest in identifying a painting of a Devon
      church from around 1790.

      <http://www.flickr.com/photos/whereindevon/3247467662/>

      Can anyone help?
    • Ted Steele
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
        On 01/12/2010 14:20, Ted Steele wrote:

        > I have permission to pass this question on from another list. Can anyone
        > help. Apparently the same Flickr stream that this link takes you to also
        > has some other unknown churches. I haven't yet looked at those myself.
        > It is just the first one the list that I am asking about.
        >
        > Ted
        >
        > A colleague of mine has an interest in identifying a painting of a Devon
        > church from around 1790.
        >
        > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/whereindevon/3247467662/>
        >
        > Can anyone help?

        Having now looked at other pics in the stream I see there are quite a
        few of churches, but you need to go through a lot of others to find
        them. Worth the searching though. It seems it is all part of a Devon
        collection at the , Westcountry Studies Library. Although the question
        "Where in Devon" is asked of them all some them all by no means all of
        them are actually in Devon.

        Ted

      • ChurchCrawler
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
          I got four of them Ted - I have also invited the remaining churches to the Mystery Church group on flickr
          http://www.flickr.com/groups/mysterychurch/ so hopefully these will be added

          Several of the drawings are prob Devon but as yet I have not had the time to search them out.

          Best wishes
          Phil
          Bristol UK
          www.churchcrawler.co.uk
          Owner of ChurchCrawling and churchpictures
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/churchpictures
          http://churchcrawler.blogspot.com
          http://churchcrawling.blogspot.com/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/churchcrawler/

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
            On 01/12/2010 17:38, ChurchCrawler wrote:

            > I got four of them Ted -

            Presumably not including the main one we need to know about? Dartington
            and Harberton were thought possible but have been ruled out.

            Ted