football/Dallas

  • Jo Birch
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2000
      Les,

      That was Superbowl 27... January 31, 1993 in the Rosebowl in Pasadena California.  Dallas won handily with 52 vs Buffalo's 17.

      And the following year in Superbowl 28... January 30,1994 in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta Georgia.  That was also one sided with Dallas 30, Buffalo 13.

      The poor Buffalo Bills were also on the losing end of the 25th and 26th Superbowls.  Sorta like the Minnesota Vikings we used to root for when we lived up in the frozen northland!

      And Joe,

      We do have a football team to-come with a different owner, Bob McNair.  We are building a new stadium for them now.  They have no name as yet, tho I think Mr McNair leans toward the old "Texans" name.

      It was awfully frustrating back in the days just before Houston Oilers made their move to Tennessee.  The Press never seemed to understand that our quarrel was not with the team but with Bud Adams (note Les' comment!).  And many fans continued to follow the Oilers for a time after the move.  We would've built a new stadium for the team, but we wouldn't build one for Bud.

      Strange to say, but I know very little about Dallas, other than the airport from changing flights there.  Oh and last Fall we drove up to a conference of the Anglican Use in Arlington (a suburb for our English friends), but that was straight up and back... didn't even stop at a Half-Price Bookstore we spotted on our way in!  Wow!

      Home from work, checked on the latest and now a little shuteye.
      Jo.