Re: [Churchcrawling] North Norfolk crawl...(2)

  • Martin Carson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      John,

      More on your crawl.

      > Third church was Colby St. Giles, This church was sadly locked, saw
      > some bricks in the churchyard. I assume there is some major repairs
      > going on here. Does anyone know? Last time I attempted this one we saw
      > scaffolding surround the tower.

      When I was there three years ago there were bricks heaped up at the
      base of the tower. The key to Colby is held by the keyholder of
      Banningham church, who lives just opposite the latter. Again I have
      rather a poor picture of the font in Colby (Churchpictures) but seeing
      it has inspired me to go back again on Tuesday week and take some
      more.

      The other reason for going back, of course, is Banningham church
      (open) itself which has much to offer anyone interested in mediaeval
      artifacts (Churchpictures), and the Banningham Crown which is
      welcoming and serves an excellent lunch.

      Martin

      --
      Carson
      Norfolk UK
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
        --- In Churchcrawling@yahoogroups.com, Martin Carson <e.carson@...>
        wrote:

        > When I was there three years ago there were bricks heaped up at the
        > base of the tower. The key to Colby is held by the keyholder of
        > Banningham church, who lives just opposite the latter. Again I have
        > rather a poor picture of the font in Colby (Churchpictures) but
        seeing
        > it has inspired me to go back again on Tuesday week and take some
        > more.
        I didn't see any sign of a keyholder notice in the porch. Ah well, I
        will try again some other time. There are a few churches up that way I
        intend to see.

        > The other reason for going back, of course, is Banningham church
        > (open) itself which has much to offer anyone interested in mediaeval
        > artifacts (Churchpictures), and the Banningham Crown which is
        > welcoming and serves an excellent lunch.

        I hope to be able to get a better picture of Banningham next time I am
        up that way.

        Thanks for the lunch recommendation and the pictures attached to this
        as well.

        John (Norfolk, UK).