Strange Plaster Figures at St James Regill Somerset

  • N MARCHANT2
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008
      Today I set off with my dad out across Somerset from St Edward Barrow Gurney to Wells and Priddy. Most of the churches open. One surprise was a dear little mission church at Regill of the 1870's. I thought I knew every church and chapel in this area but this little Victorian church evaded my notice.
      Inside the church - which was suprisingly open there were a couple of display desks with large plaster figures. I'm not sure of their age but they seemed unusual and were quite large. Did they come from an earlier church on the site or are they modern?
      This little church has dormers with lancets and a tiny wooden roof light. Also texts around the walls.
      A pleasant little church which deserves to be conserved. A horse was keeping an eye on us from over the fence
      Mr Neil

      Find out what I'm up to on
      http://neilfloyd.blogspot.com/