Unknown church

  • Martin Carson
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2007
      I wonder if anyone recognises this building (pictures to
      Churchpictures). I do apologise for the quality of the images which
      are more 'screen captures' from an old video.

      There are clues in a)the unusual roof panels, b)what appear to be
      coats-of-arms around the walls and c) a large statue behind the quire.
      The presence of a singing choir is not necessarily helpful as they
      could be visiting.

      Many thanks,

      Martin

      --
      Carson
      Norfolk UK
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2007
        I am not 100% certain but I think this could be the Chapel of Bishop Auckland Castle.

        Best wishes
        Phil
        Bristol UK
        www.churchcrawler.co.uk
        Owner of ChurchCrawling and churchpictures
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/churchpictures
        http://churchcrawler.blogspot.com
        http://churchcrawling.blogspot.com/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/churchcrawler/

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2007
          In message <002701c7ec6b$3c39b860$5c172052@Philspc>
          "ChurchCrawler" <phil_bristoluk@...> wrote:

          > I am not 100% certain but I think this could be the Chapel of Bishop
          > Auckland Castle.

          Thanks a lot. Spot on. It was the choir I needed to identify.
          Purple cassocks, singing in Bishop Auckland . . . has to be Durham
          Cathedral Choir.

          Martin

          --
          Carson